Watch films and trailers:

Sunday, December 21, 2014

315 mourns loss of Martin Lemaire (Jayson Martinez)



315 Films experienced a huge loss this month with the passing of frequent collaborator Jayson Martinez, who worked under the name Martin Lemaire. 

Martinez, who has worked on nearly every 315 project the last four years, died in a traffic accident the first week of December. Martinez first came on for Perry Wilson's short film Crust as a behind-the-scenes videographer, then slid over to boom operator and sound mixer for Tim Ritter's Dawn, a role he would inhabit for features Moment of Truth and Testament as well as shorts Free and The Interview. He was well into handling the post sound and foley for Moment of Truth, and preparing to do the same for Testament.

Here are some of the social media reactions to the news from the weeks that followed:

"Jayson Martinez...I cannot believe you've passed from this world. I must believe now that a Greater Light has welcomed you as "Soundalf the Chill" I will forever see LOTR Return of the King and think of this moment on set of @testamentfilm when I was moved to capture a Master of Sound resting from yet another fantastic day at work. It was honor to know you and work with you...my heart breaks for your family and I lift them all in prayer."
- Jose Miguel Vasquez, "Drew" in Testament


"I'm not really big on sharing anything personal on Facebook, but I have to say something in honor of my friend and creative partner the last several years, Jayson Martinez after hearing today of the shocking news of his passing. His help and belief in me has only been exceeded by my belief in him, both as a creative talent who can do anything he sets his mind to as well as an incredible human being whose friendship I valued greatly. You put up with all the crazy stuff I put you and the 315 crew through again and again, whether it was in Fort Myers, Alabama or Orlando, and made me feel like I could achieve pretty much anything (and we've achieved a lot together). Many prayers and thoughts of your family, Jayson, and I'll never forget what you did for me and meant to me and so many friends of ours. I'll listen to some Ozomatli and 90s hip hop tonight and think of you, man. You won't be forgotten."
- Tim Ritter, 315 Films co-founder and director of Moment of Truth and Testament

"In memory of Jayson Martinez...
36 years young, Husband, father to a beautiful 7yr old girl. A friend to many and well respected by all. Dedicated and passionate in the art of film, sound tech and acting.
You will be missed. R.I.P. "
- Vladimy Bellefleur, "Joseph" in Moment of Truth

"I cannot put it to words.
Jayson Martinez. I love you bro. RIP brother.
You will be loved. You will be missed."
- Bryan Davis, director of Job

"Jayson Martinez you will be missed my friend, it was a pleasure and an honor to have known you. Rip bro."
- Shawn Genther, "The Boss" in Moment of Truth

"All my love to the friends and family of Jayson Martinez. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to work and create along side him. Rest in peace. And hopefully we all can manage to find some today."
- Rachel Comeau, "Mia" in Testament

No comments:

Post a Comment